Gosh, I know I haven't posted in a while. My mother and stepdad visited this past weekend and this week I'm working in the nursery at our church's VBS. If you're reading this, Mother, we miss you. And we also miss Maddy! I didn't notice how much vacuuming she was saving me from until I glanced at the floor under the highchair this morning. Maybe we need a dog...
I'm going to cheat and respond to a meme from Robin at Robinznest's blog.
Ten Things I Love
1. Old sitcoms from the eighties. I especially love Who's the Boss and the Facts of Life. I always wanted to be Blair. Alas, I'm more of a Natalie. Although with a set of hot rollers I can create Blair-worthy hair. In fact, I really think the hot rollered look should always be in style.
2. Driving around looking at houses. Especially big old houses with character. Don't you wish you could turn yourself invisible so you could see what other people's houses look like on the inside? I think the occupants of every charming home should be required to sign up for their local Tour of Homes.
3. Houseplan magazines. I like to imagine just how I would arrange our furniture in each plan. I also rank various houseplans according to whether or not they possess certain qualities that I consider ideal for our family.
4. Making lists. And spreadsheets. I do this whenever I have free time. "Oh goodie, I think I'll make a list!" It's very relaxing.
5. The smell of Baby Soft, that perfume for young girls. I still remember the advertisement from my Teen magazine, back in junior high school. Picture a hunky guy with late 80s hair (you know kind of spikey on top and a little too long in the back), wearing a denim jacket. "You know what I like best about lending Nicole my jean jacket? The way it smells when she gives it back." Apparently this guy likes his coat to smell like a girl. Go figure.
6. The Theme from Masterpiece Theater.
7. Visiting with my mother, aunts, and girl cousins. I love how we can talk ourselves blue into the wee hours of the night and never run out of things to say.
8. New books. Hearing the delivery driver pull into the driveway and knowing that it's a package from Amazon! Oh, Amazon. How I love you.
9. The way my hair looks when I leave the salon. It's something I can't replicate on my own.
10. Farmer's markets. I love coming home with a fresh bouquet of flowers, a sack of heirloom tomatoes, and a flat of blackberries.
What are a few of your favorite things? You know, things you just LOVE? I'm dying to know, so please feel free to share by leaving a comment or responding to this meme on your own blog!