Yesterday was my husband's 38th birthday. He was born the day man landed on the moon. Here is the list I sent him yesterday, which I have his permission to share:
Here are 38 things I love about you:
1. I love that you are big and strong.
2. I love your broad shoulders and back.
3. I love the way you think I am pretty and tell me so a LOT. I love that if you had your way I would never wear any clothing. I love how you tell me "nice nose!" because you know I'm sensitive about it.
4. I love that you are smart. And especially in ways that I'm not smart.
5. I love that you think I'm smart and could make a million dollars, if I was so inclined, as easy as pie.
6. I love that you work as hard as anyone I know. For our family.
7. I love you as a Dad. You couldn't be any better at it. Nicholas and I are so unbelievably lucky to have you.
8. I love that you are the other charter member of the Nicholas Lane fan club.
9. I love that you made me belly laugh twice this morning before I even rolled out of bed. And with a headache.
10. I love that you are an amazingly giving person and that you shower me with undeserved affection, attention, and backrubs. With no expectation of reciprocation.
11. I love that you are always sending money to some person or organization that needs it.
12. I love how good you are to your folks.
13. I love that you always make sure we have the right drinks for visitors and houseguests. Because you like to take care of everyone in your life.
14. I love your sense of humor and taste in comedies. "Nerds!" "It's a Walk Off." "Painful to the bitter end."
15. I love the way you say it best when you say nothing at all. You make the every day ordinary stuff fun.
16. I love how much you love God's creatures and creation. Mountains, lakes, hills, creeks, the coast, etc.
17. I love that you are the lead singer in Jeanines garage, with Bruce and Dylan.
18. I love that you are the baby of your family. It means you are a little bit hammy and constantly entertain me. I especially love your dances, songs, marches, etc.
19. I love your values and priorities.
20. I love that when I'm sad you always manage to cheer me up! It's a gift.
21. I love that you are a family man.
22. I love sitting beside you at church. I like hearing your voice when we sing. I love the times we've prayed together.
23. I love walking with you, holding hands or when you put your arm around me. Pals, but romantic.
24. I love your arms and legs - you could be a limb model. You also have beautiful hands and very nice feet, for a man.
25. I love that your face and body remind me of a Greek or Roman statue. You are a classic.
26. I love all our inside jokes, words, song, Daisy faces, etc.
27. I love that we don't bicker.
28. I love that I've known you for eight years and that those have been the happiest eight years of my life.
29. I love riding in Mossy with you and I like that you always drive. You are a good driver.
30. I love when we say, think, or dream the same thing at the same time. Or when I can read your mind and know what you are going to say.
31. I love that you have common sense and street smarts. I like that you could take care of us, in a survival situation.
32. I love how you have to read your paper every Sunday, after church. And that you watch all the boring channel. And the news.
33. I love that you care about politics and people and animals and the state of the world.
34. I love that the evil of the world gets you down. We are too gentle for this world. That's as it should be.
35. I love that you aren't a chauvinist. Or racist. That you don't hunt. But I also love that you aren't totally PC, either.
36. I love that you aren't a metrosexual. I like your manly ways. It would really bug me if you wanted an equal say in decorating or bought trendy clothes or started getting manicures. Men should be a little rough around the edges.
37. I love watching football with you and I love that you don't make me watch baseball or basketball or golf or bowling.
38. I love that the women in my family think you are the bee's knees because you are such a neat guy and treat me so well. They know you deserve a metal for putting up with me and letting me be myself.
38 never looked so good... I love you!