Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day

Happy May Day!

May is now my favorite month because it's our Nicknack's birthday month! And since he was born on the very last day in May, I get to celebrate him all month!

I'm naturally a sentimental person and this motherhood thing has really brought out that trait. Last night I went through all the photos we've taken since his birth. All of them. Oh, how I wish life came with a remote control! If I could, I would relive it all again and again and again. His birth. His tiny newborn newness. Nursing him. Rocking him.

Sigh. :)

I have a feeling I'm going to take a lot of trips down the old Memory Lane this month. Which is probably a good idea, since I have a terrible memory and need to record all the things I never want to forget. Also, since no one, to my knowledge, reads my blog yet, now would be a good time to get this all out of my system.

But today I'm just feeling such gratitude that the Lord would bless us by sending us this angel. One of these days I'll go into more details, but today I just want to focus on God's goodness. His sweetness. His mercy. His grace. His loving kindness. May I never ever forget Him who have us this baby and that our child belongs to Him.

"I asked the Lord to give me this child, and he has given me my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life."
1 Samuel 1:27-28

No comments: